Sheinelle Marie Jones is an American news anchor, journalist, and commentator for MSNBC and NBC News. She co-anchors Weekend Today Saturday editions and hosts MSNBC Live. She is also a correspondent for all NBC News platforms. Jones also serves as a substitute news anchor and a substitute weekday anchor for Orange Room.
- Sheinelle was born on April 16, 1978 in Philadelphia, PA to C. Darnell Jones II, a U.S. District Court Judge, and Sheila Kinnard.
- She went to Wichita Brooks Middle Magnet School and later attended the Wichita Heights High School. Both of these schools are located in Wichita, Kansas.
- Jones attended Northwestern University located in Chicago, Illinois and graduated from there.
- Jones began her career in broadcast media by working as a reporter for WICS-TV in Springfield, Illinois. She carried tripods and big broadcast cameras on her own and reported as a single person video correspondent.
- She then got a job at FOX affiliate KOKI-TV in Tulsa, Oklahoma and later worked for Philadelphia’s FOX O&O station WTXF-TV. Sheinelle served at this station for 9 years where she co-hosted the Emmy Award-winning program ‘Good Day Philadelphia.’
- Jones then moved to NBC and served as a news anchor for the show Weekend Today. She currently has many roles in NBC and MSNBC.
Sheinelle Jones – Husband
- Jones married Uche Ojeh in 2007 in Philadelphia’s Rittenhouse Square. Uche is a managing partner in a firm called UAO Consulting. The two of them met each other when she was in college. She was his tour guide when he was a high school senior.
- The couple has 3 children, a son named Kayin and twins Clara Josephine and Uche.
- Sheinelle is a member of the sorority Alpha Kappa Alpha.
- At 4 feet 11 inches, she is one of the shortest journalists in media.
- Jones did not know that she was going to be a news anchor and journalist when she was a kid. However, her room had the posters of the best local news anchors in Wichita, Kansas. She even used to tell the members of her family that she would work for NBC News after she grew up. This was not the end of it; she even used to practice her skills of interviewing people when she was very young. She would interview her brothers and ask them questions like “What is your favorite kind of food?”
- Jones’ first name is an amalgamation of her father’s and mother’s first names. ‘Shei’ was taken from her mother’s name ‘Sheila’ and ‘ell’ was taken from her father’s name ‘Darnell’ and then merged together to form her name. It may be noted that Jones’ name is pronounced without the ‘i’.
- In April 2013, she and her co-anchor burst into laughter after finishing a satellite interview with Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte. He was there on her program to promote his E! reality show called “What Would Ryan Lochte Do?” The clip of the two of them laughing uncontrollably went viral, with over 2 million hits in just a couple of days.
Sheinelle Jones – Salary and Net Worth
The celebrated news anchor has a net worth of $23 million, with an annual salary of $1 million.