Melania Trump is a former model and the wife of 2016 US Presidential candidate, Donald Trump. She moved to the United States in the year 2001 and later in 2006 became a citizen of the country after her marriage. She began her career in the fashion and modeling industry at the age of 16 and just a year later posed for the famous Slovenian fashion photographer Stane Jerko.
Melania moved to the New York City in 1996 and later in 1998 got acquainted with Donald Trump after they met at a Fashion Week party. Even though she was hesitant on giving her number to Trump, she eventually gave in. The couple has had a couple of rough patches through their relationship but has eventually got back together.
Early Life and Education
Melania Trump was born on April 26, 1970, in Yugoslavia to Viktor Knavs and Amalija. Her father was a manager in a car and motorcycle dealerships for a state-owned manufacturer and was also an active member of Slovenian Communist Party. Her mother was a patternmaker on children’s clothing.
Melania has a sister and a half-brother from her father’s first marriage. Her childhood has been a moderate one, with a simple living in a two-storey building down in Sevnica. She pursued her education from the Secondary School of Design and Photography in Ljubljana. Later, she attended the University of Ljubljana but dropped out after a year.
Melania embraced rapid success in her career just after she started it. She signed up with a modeling agency located in Milan at the age of 18. After working for a few modeling houses in Milan and Paris, she moved to New York City for better opportunities. She has featured on the cover of a few magazines, Harper’s Bazaar, Vanity Fair, Vogue, and GQ, to name a few.
Melania Trump – Young Pictures
Husband and Children
Melania Trump married the famous American businessman and 2016 US election candidate, Donald Trump on January 22, 2005, after being engaged for a year. The event was a lavish ceremony and was held in The Episcopal Church of Bethesda-by-the-Sea in Palm Beach in Florida followed by a reception in the ballroom of Donald Trump’s estate. The age difference between the two is 24 years. The couple are proud parents of Barron Trump who was born in 2006.
- Melania moved to United States under a business visitor visa and was later granted the H-1B visa.
- In several reports and interviews, the 1.8 meter tall stunner has clarified that she would support her husband because she knows that her husband is capable of bringing change to the United States.
- There was a lot of controversy when an anti-Trump PAC published an advertisement featuring her handcuffed to a briefcase lying on the floor of a jet.
- Melania filed lawsuits against two of the most popular British tabloids, Daily Mail and Webster Tarpley for defaming her. Both the tabloids published their retraction and apology after the lawsuit was filed.
- On October 17, 2016, Melania Trump in an interview with CNN’s Anderson Cooper, stated that the media had been quite dishonest and unprofessional in passing judgements on the character of her husband Donald Trump, following the 2005- video leak controversy. She also emphasized that most women are also not angels, even they indulged in banter that her husband has been accused of
Melania Trump – Net Worth
Melania Trump as of 2016 has a net worth of $11 million. The exact monthly or yearly income is not known but this successful jewellery and watch designer is sure ricocheting more towards success.