Zsa Zsa Gabor was a famous Hungarian-American actress and television personality who was also crowned the title of Miss Hungary back in 1936. She started her career on stage in Vienna. She relocated her entire life to the United States in the year 1941 in order to “make it big” and soon became a very sought after actress owing to her European flair and style.
She soon rose to fame and landed herself her very first film appearance as a supporting actress in the movie Lovely to Look At. She later was part of the cast of We’re Not Married and is known for portraying the lead role in the 1952 John Huston movie Moulin Rouge. Apart from all the glamour, she was also known for her multiple marriages and her extravagant lifestyle.
Early life and education
Zsa Zsa Gabor was born as Sári Gábor on February 06, 1917 in Budapest, Hungary to Vilmos Gabor and Jolie Gabor. Her father was a soldier while her mother was a homemaker. She is the middle of the three daughters in the house, her other sisters Eva Gabor and Magda Gabor being actresses as well.
Zsa Zsa Gabor – Husband/s and children
Gabor has been married a total of nine times during her lifetime in which she divorced seven times and her marriage was annulled once. She even mentioned in her autobiography that she loved being married because she liked the companionship and also the idea of cooking for someone.
The marriages have been mentioned in a chronological order below.
- She married Burhan Asaf Belge in the year 1937 and later got divorced in 1941.
- She married Conrad Hilton on April 10, 1942 and divorced in 1947. She mentioned in her biography how controlling and manipulative Hilton was and that was the main reason for their divorce.
- She married George Sander on April 02, 1949 and later divorced on April 02, 1954.
- She married Herbert Hutner on November 05, 1962 and divorced on March 03, 1966.
- She married Joshua S. Cosden on March 09, 1966 and divorced on October 18, 1967.
- She married Jake Ryan on January 21, 1975 and divorced August 24, 1976.
- She married Michael O’Hara on August 27, 1976 and divorced in 1983.
- Her marriage with Felipe de Alba was annulled in 1983.
- She married Frederic Prinz von Anhalt on August 14, 1986.
Gabor was discovered by Richard Tauber in 1934 on a trip to Vienna while she was a student herself. That was when she was approached with a role in the opera Der Singende Traum which was played at the Theatre an der Wien. She was later crowned as Miss Hungary in 1936.
Following her moving to the United States in 1941, she started auditioning and soon became a very chased after actress. Some of the most prominent roles includes the movie like that of Moulin Rouge, Lovely to Look at, Touch Of Evil, The Beverly Hillbillies et cetera.
Gabor passed away on December 18, 2016 at the age of 99 due to cardiac arrest at her home in Bel Air, Los Angeles. It was later reported that her son, Oliver Prince von Anhalt died a few days after his mother’s death.
Zsa Zsa Gabor – Young Pictures
Zsa Zsa Gabor – Net Worth
Zsa Zsa Gabor had an estimated net worth of $40 million.